Microsoft windows XP operating system generally takes 40 minutes to install. We can reduce the installation time to approximately 15 minutes. Use the following steps and enjoy fast installation:-
- Start booting from windows XP disk.
- After copying all the files by setup which are required for installation of windows xp, it will prompt to indicate a location to install the operating system (OS).
- After selecting the drive, the setup would format and reboot.
- During reboot, installation will start and the screen will tell that you require around 40 minute completing the setup.
- Now press Shift + F 10 . Command prompt will open. Type “taskmgr “(without quotes) .it will open up the task manager.
- In the task manager, click the process tab and search for a process named Setup.exe.
- Right click the process and set its priority to “High”.
Congratulations!! Now installation will be faster and will complete within 15 minutes approx.